Doctors recommend regularly performing exercises for the neck in osteochondrosis, because no medicine will work better than gymnastics
Doctors recommend regularly performing exercises for the neck in osteochondrosis, because no medicine will work better than gymnastics. Today it is a common disease, since we spend most of our time at our desktops or in front of a computer. The load on the vertebrae of the cervical region is also increased during work with the load and even when lifting heavy packages with products. By the way, the disease is almost impossible to cure. Therefore, at the slightest pain in the cervical zone, perform simple exercises.
You ask, what is osteochondrosis? This is a lesion of articular cartilage, due to which the work of the joints is disrupted. Every day the disease affects more and more young people, because they lead a sedentary lifestyle. Therefore, the recommendations that we consider today will be useful for adults of different ages.
Every day osteochondrosis affects more and more young people because they lead a sedentary lifestyle.
Symptoms of osteochondrosis
To be sure of the need for exercise, it is important to accurately determine the presence of osteochondrosis. You just need to perform therapeutic and prophylactic gymnastics, if there are such symptoms inherent in the types of the disease:
- cutting pain that passes from the neck to the area of the scapula and through the forearm to the fingers of the hands is characterized by cervical radiculitis;
- boring pain in the occipital and cervical region, which appear in the shoulder joint, chest, forearm, are acceptable for irritative-reflex syndrome;
- constant headache, tinnitus, dizziness, visual disturbances - symptoms of the vertebral artery syndrome, for which gymnastics alone is not enough;
- localized pain in the cervical area, the area of the shoulder blades and the heart, which is aggravated during head turns or sneezing, is distinguished by cardiac syndrome.
It is important to determine in time the presence of symptoms of the disease and to start the exercises in time to eliminate them.
Cutting pain, passing from the neck to the scapula area and through the forearm to the fingers, characterizes the cervical radiculitis
Tip! Remember that exercise will not cure the disease, but will only eliminate the pain. As soon as you stop practicing, the discomfort will return.
Exercises for prevention
As we found out, all people leading a sedentary lifestyle are prone to cervical osteochondrosis. If you do not want to experience unbearable pains of the head, neck, hands, shoulder blades, and even the heart, do prophylactic exercises. They will protect you, as well as improve the blood supply to the brain, which leads to improved memory and concentration. So, gymnastics for the neck just will not be superfluous.
Pay attention to the fact that all exercises need to be done smoothly and without sudden movements, otherwise there is a risk of harm to yourself. So sit back.
- Sit exactly on the chair and relax your arms. Then make the maximum turns of the head 10 times to the right and left. If you cannot do it slowly because of the pain, several sharp jerks of your head in different directions will help you.
- Stay seated on a chair with a straight back. Lower your head slowly down and reach your chin to the chest as much as possible. As soon as it happened, freeze for 10 seconds. Repeat the manipulation at least five times.
- Sit on the chair, relax your hands. You need to maximize your chin and gently tilt your head back. Repeat the exercise 10 times. If you do not have osteochondrosis, but you work constantly in a tense posture, these movements are also helpful to you.
If you do not want to experience unbearable pains of the head, neck, hands, shoulder blades and even the heart, do prophylactic exercises.
- Without getting up from the chair, place the palm of any hand on your forehead and tilt your head forward so that your palm presses on it very strongly. Overcome resistance for 10 seconds. After regular exercise, you strengthen the front neck.
- Stand straight and relax your arms. It is necessary to raise the shoulders as high as possible and stay in the resulting pose for 10 seconds. After you relax them, take a breath and feel that your hands significantly pull the shoulders to the floor. Repeat 5-10 times.
- Lay your back on a hard surface (better if it is on the floor). You need to raise your head 8 times and stay in this position for 10 seconds. Exercise repeated every 5 seconds.
Tip! Before starting the exercises, create a suitable atmosphere for yourself, for example, turn on soothing music or wait for the children to fall asleep. Noise will prevent concentrate.
Strengthening and relaxation of the neck muscles
The complex of exercises should be started with a simple warm-up, so as not to pull the muscles and do not harm yourself more. To do this, walk a few minutes on a full foot, socks and heels until you feel a surge of heat. So, let's proceed directly to the implementation of special exercises.
- Put your hand to your forehead three times and press on it for 10 seconds, straining your neck. Then perform the same manipulation with the nape.
- Alternately press it with your left or right hand on the temple. Also for 10 seconds each time.
The complex of exercises should be started with a simple warm-up, so as not to pull the muscles and do not harm yourself more
- Tilt your head back and try to touch your ear to the shoulder. Do the exercise, alternately changing the ear, five times.
- Do in different directions five times rotational movements of the head. First one way, then the other.
- With your right hand, take the left cheek and help yourself with the rotation of your head.
- Ask someone at home to massage the muscles that are located between the bone and the occipital region (where the soft part is). Intense pain will be replaced by a relaxing relief.
- Ask you to massage the upper part of the scapula while lying down. In this zone is attached the main muscle of the neck. After the sharp pain comes a pleasant warmth.
- In position, arms straight down the body. Now strain them and hold them in this position for at least 30 seconds. While you are doing this, straighten your back and slowly lower your shoulder blades and shoulders. When done, relax.
- In the standing position, gently lower the back of your head so that the cervical vertebrae are twisted. Imagine how the base of the spine moves along a given trajectory. Avoid sudden movements. You should feel the vertebrae descend one after the other. Perfect performance - shoulders lowered, and the chin is on the chest. While straightening, move in the reverse order. Repeat the exercise until warmth appears in the neck area.
- Stand straight and lean in parallel to the floor. Smoothly spread your arms around. Try to pull the crown forward at the same time and lower the shoulder blades to the spine. Make the spinal muscles work only.
exercise can be done in any position convenient for you. But it is better to alternate the sequence and perform gymnastics lying, standing, sitting
Exercises can be done in any position convenient for you. But it is better to alternate the sequence and perform gymnastics lying, standing, sitting.
Tip! Regular gymnastics helps to reduce pain, restore blood flow in the affected areas and improve overall health.
Gymnastics for the neck according to Sishonin
The scientific director of LOT Bubnovsky and compatibility is the head of the 21st century health clinic and rehabilitation clinic in Rostov-on-Don, as well as Alexander Shishonin, consultant to the London Body School Studio in Moscow, offers his own method of restoring the muscles of the cervical section to patients. Her feature in fixing the provisions. Gymnastics is available to everyone and is easily performed.
Ask you to massage the upper part of the scapula while lying down. In this zone is attached the main muscle of the neck. After the sharp pain comes pleasant warmth
Let's take a look at the effective exercises according to the method of Shishonin, which must be repeated five times in different directions.
- Metronome. Sit on a hard surface, better on a chair, and slowly, without sudden movements, bend your head. During the movements, gradually try to reach the right shoulder with the crown. As soon as there is a noticeable tension in your diseased muscles, you need to stay in this position for 30 seconds. Then take the primary position and do the same manipulation in the other direction.
- Spring. Lower your head as much as possible. Stand motionless in this position for 30-40 seconds. After that, you need to slowly stretch your neck forward and upward. Stop again at the same time.
- A glance at the sky. Turn your head to the left side until it stops. Sharp pain should appear. Wait for 30-40 seconds. When the pain begins to change for warming, repeat the turns in the opposite direction.
- Frame. Slowly place your left hand on your right shoulder, although this may seem inconvenient at first. Hold the elbow so that it is parallel to the floor. At this time, the right hand quietly lies in a relaxed way on the knee. Hold the position for 30-40 seconds, then do the same manipulation in the opposite direction.
• Fakir. Connect your palms over the top of your head so that your elbows are parallel to the floor. Now slowly turn your head to the right. Fix for 30-40 seconds and repeat the exercise to the left.
- Heron. In a sitting position, leave your palms relaxed on your knees. Now slowly and gently pull the chin up so that you feel the tension of the muscles. At the same time, take your hands behind your back. Stay in that position for half a minute. Repeat in the other direction and slightly pull the muscles with the help of neat head tilts in different directions.
- Goose. Stand up straight. Place the toes parallel to the chin. Slowly pull the neck forward. Turn your head to the right and reach for your shoulder until you feel discomfort. In this position, stay for 30-40 seconds. Repeat in the opposite direction.
In addition to the prevention of osteochondrosis, exercise will strengthen the muscular corset in the chest and neck
In addition to the prevention of osteochondrosis, these exercises will strengthen the muscular corset in the chest and neck, improve blood supply, return to work and have a positive effect on the nervous system.
Tip! Perform a set of exercises at every opportunity. Even at work in the office, you can spend 10 minutes on your health during the break.
Exercises Dr. Bubnovsky
Dr. Bubnovsky is known for having managed to combine the most effective exercises for the cervical region into a single complex, which helps to get rid of pain in the shortest possible time. His gymnastics can be performed at different ages, without worrying about complications. The effect you get after two weeks of regular classes.
It is better to combine exercises with manual massage.
Let's test the technique and we, performing all the exercises in a strict sequence.
- Sit on the chair straight. Now gently and slowly tilt your head to the right shoulder. At this time, try to pull the top up. When you feel the tension in the muscles, stand still for 30-40 seconds and return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise in the opposite direction.
- Keep your head down as much as possible and stay in position for 30-40 seconds. Then swipe up and forward.
- Turn your head smoothly in one direction until tension appears in the muscles of the cervical region. Repeat the turn as well. Five exercises in a different direction are enough.
- Put your left hand on your right shoulder and gently slowly turn your head in the opposite direction. Fix the resulting pose for 30 seconds. Repeat the other way.
- Connect the palms above your head with the elbows parallel to the floor, and make turns in different directions, each time fixing the pose for a few seconds.
- Stand up straight and pull the neck forward, while turning your head to the shoulder. When pain occurs, lock in for 30 minutes. Make sure your back is flat.
Dr. Bubnovsky recommends gymnastics every day until the pain subsides. Then you can reduce the frequency to two times a week.
Exercise daily until the pain subsides.
To enhance the effectiveness of the exercises, combine each exercise with an independent neck massage:
- smoothly stroke the occipital area and get down to the spine, while increasing pressure and speed;
- massage the vertebrae with your fingertips in a circle;
- clasp the neck in the back and massage upwards;
- Repeat the procedure for the front of the neck.
If there are not 10 free minutes, replace the exercises with light rubbing of the problem area and head tilts.
If you work at a computer for a long time, doctors recommend neck exercises for you every hour. If there are not 10 free minutes, replace the exercises with light rubbing of the problem area and head tilts.