Burdock and castor oils are by far the most undervalued. But they have truly unique properties. And although herbal preparations are harvested from a wild weed, they are unparalleled in their healing properties.
Due to the content of biologically active components, the oil is classified as phytoactivator. It perfectly stimulates metabolism and microcirculation, improves skin condition and promotes hair growth.
Composition and appearance
The unique healing properties of this burdock oil due to its chemical composition. It contains:
- Vitamins A, E, C, group B.
- Mineral elements (including calcium and iron).
- Polysaccharides are natural inulin.
- Fatty acids - palmitic and stearic.
- Stigmasterin and sitosterol.
On an industrial scale, it is obtained by extraction. Burdock roots are filled with mineral oil. Recently, carbon dioxide extraction has increasingly been resorted to, so that more useful properties of the plant can be preserved. The quality of this extract is sometimes even higher than the traditional.
To prepare the oil, use only the roots of the plant. This plant is characterized by large heart-shaped leaves and inflorescences in the form of a ball that cling to our clothing and animal hair. This herbaceous perennial weed is one of the most common in our area. You can find it in almost the entire northern hemisphere, in latitudes with a temperate climate. The roots of this plant are widely used in recipes of traditional medicine, and in official medicine, pharmacology and cosmetology.
Externally, the oil from burdock root has a pale yellow color and may fade with time. Drug has subtle unobtrusive smellsimilar to the aroma of sunflower oil. Sometimes this smell remains on the hair after use and can cause discomfort. In some cases, the oil is flavored with biologically active additives.
The most common types are:
- Classic burdock oil, the application of which is carried out without additional components.
- Option with red pepper is used to accelerate hair growth and reduce their loss. Extract from red pepper improves microcirculation of the scalp. Thanks to this, hair follicles get more nutrients. In addition, this oil helps to eliminate dandruff. However, when using it, it is necessary to ensure that there is no severe burning of the scalp, otherwise a burn may occur or an allergic reaction may develop.
- Nettle oil is most effective for seborrhea and alopecia. It strengthens hair follicles well, accelerates hair growth and normalizes the production of sebum. With the help of burdock oil with nettle, you can cure dandruff, eliminate itching and heal microscopic wounds on the skin.
- Oil with the addition of vitamins can be used not only to treat hair, but also to improve the condition of the nails and red border of the lips when it dries.
When using this healing agent, a film is formed on the skin and hair, which retains moisture. The beneficial properties of burdock oil are as follows:
- Inulin acts as a natural sorbent - it cleans the surface of the hair and skin from fat, dirt and dead cells.
- Due to the improvement of microcirculation, the metabolic processes in the skin and hair are stimulated, their nutrition and oxygen supply improves.
- Increases local immunity.
- The processes of epithelium regeneration are accelerated.
Due to such properties, this drug can be used in complex treatment of skin diseases, wounds and eczema. With it, you can effectively soften the horny areas on the skin of the elbows and feet.
Due to its warming effects, the red pepper product is used to treat radiculitis. As a massage tool it is used for the local treatment of mastopathy.
You can keep it for 2 years. after the acquisition. It is very important to follow the rules of storage recommended by the manufacturer.
When using burdock oil, the benefits of which are indisputable, it is recommended to adhere to the following rules:
- In order to soften rough dry skin areas, the product is rubbed in a clean form with soft massage movements before taking a shower.
- For treatment of chronic skin diseases, applications with a heated preparation are used.
- In case of mastopathy, the skin on the chest at the site of pain is smeared with a clean product without additives.
- Traditional healers recommend drinking this product to combat constipation and to stimulate labor in women.
The disadvantages of this tool include its high fat content. The drug forms a film on the skin and hair, which can be difficult to wash off.
Application in cosmetology
Of particular value is this tool in cosmetology. It has gained high popularity as a cosmetic due to its softening, cleansing and regenerating effect.
Very often it is used as a basis for lotions and ointments, as well as a scrub before the adoption of water procedures.
The most important is restoring and a stimulating effect on the skin, hair and nails.
Improving hair condition
Effectiveness of treatment for hair consists in the following properties:
- Stimulation of blood circulation in the scalp and hair follicles.
- Purification from dead epithelial cells.
- Feeding skin and hair with vitamins and trace elements, oxygenation.
- Restoration of the hair structure.
Before you begin to apply the tool, it must be heated in a water bath to 37−40 degrees. The oil is rubbed into the scalp with light massage movements. You can apply the product on dry or slightly moist hair.
After applying to the area of the roots, you can distribute it over the entire length of the hair. To do this, it is best to use a comb with large rare teeth. After the product has been applied, the hair is covered with a film and wrapped with a towel. This mask is kept on the hair for 1-2 hours, then washed off with warm water and shampoo. It is better to dry the hair after the mask in a natural way without using a hair dryer.
Use for eyelashes and eyebrows
You can use this product not only for hair care, but also for eyebrows and eyelashes. Treatment with burdock oil makes eyelashes thicker and voluminous, prevents their loss. Eyebrows become more obedient.
To achieve this effect, the preparation is applied daily to the eyebrows and eyelashes with a thoroughly washed mascara brush. Excess mask is removed with a cotton swab or cloth.
In no case should not smear eyebrows means with red pepper.
Men who wear a beard, can use the tool to improve the structure of the hair, making them silky and accelerating growth.
Burdock oil for face
Application for skin care and body can be useful due to the following effects:
- Restores the lipid and water balance of the skin.
- Dryness is eliminated, especially during the cold season.
- The dryness and roughness of the skin of the heels and elbows is eliminated.
- Cleansing the skin from keratinized epithelium, excess sebum.
- Soften the skin, giving it elasticity and elasticity by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin.
- Antibacterial effect.
- Smoothing fine wrinkles and improving skin color.
Apply the mask on the skin of the face and body should be 15-20 minutes before taking a bath or shower. You can do this with a cotton pad, and remove the excess with a paper napkin.
Using the oil extract of burdock root can significantly improve the condition of the nails. Under the influence of this plant extract, the nail plate is strengthened, fungal diseases are prevented.
With regular application to the nails, the bundle disappears and the plate becomes brittle, the cuticle softens. Oil can be rubbed into the nails or hold the local bath before the cut manicure.
It is desirable to carry out treatment with this product in combination with other procedures. At the same time can be taken orally vitamin-mineral complexes.
How to choose burdock oil
You can purchase this product in specialized stores selling aromatherapy products, beauty shops selling hair care products, or in a pharmacy chain. It is in pharmacies you can find a fairly wide range of this product, both in pure form and in combination with various extracts and vitamin supplements.
When buying such an oil, it is necessary to pay attention to its composition, labeling and method of manufacture.
On the shelves of cosmetic stores, this product can be sold under the name of burdock root oil. These tools are absolutely identical. If we consider foreign products, they can be sold under the name burdock oil, burdock root oil extract, or bur oil.
In addition to the main component, you need to pay attention to additional active additives. These can be nettle or pepper extracts, propolis or ginkgo biloba. Recently, keratin and ceramide hair products have become popular.
The choice of the manufacturer does not always have a leading role in the purchase of a quality product. Sometimes products from obscure firms at an affordable price are in no way inferior to advertised brands.
Due to the high availability of raw materials, this hood has a low cost and quite reasonable price at retail. Therefore, to fake such a tool is simply meaningless. However, the quality of products may vary significantly among manufacturers. Therefore, it is better to give preference to those products on the packaging of which the manufacturer gives all the information about the base oil and the additives it contains.
To get a high-quality cosmetic product, it is not at all necessary to run to a specialty store. It is possible to cook at home a natural, high-quality product. These recipes people use for many decades.
For the manufacture of homemade burdock oil will require 20 grams of burdock root and 200 grams of olive oil.
Burdock root is rubbed on a fine grater. Crushed raw material is filled with olive oil. The resulting mixture is placed in a water bath and heated at a temperature of not more than 50 degrees for one hour. Then the whole mixture is poured into a bottle of dark glass and left for a week in a dark cool place. The oil is also stored in a dark dry place.
Before use, it is filtered through gauze or clean cotton fabric.
If there is no olive oil on hand, it is acceptable to use almond, sunflower or rapeseed oil.
Burdock oil contains only natural ingredients and therefore has practically no contraindications. The only limitation may be individual intolerance to the components of the oil in the form of an allergic reaction.
Apply the oil is recommended externally. If you have never used burdock oil before and are not sure that an allergic reaction does not develop, do a preliminary test. Apply a few drops of the product on the inside of the forearm and lightly rub it. Leave on for 15–20 minutes. If the skin does not appear rash, redness and itching, you can safely use the tool.